:)

:)

Friday, November 22, 2019

November 22 is a Special Day

Mama,

The more I experience life, the more you amaze me. Every November and Mother's Day that comes around I feel like I've learned even more about how lucky I am to have you in my life. You are one absolutely incredible woman, and today, I feel like no combinations of words could express what you have taught me about life. You are the person I can tell literally anything and everything to, leaving no details out and fearing no judgement, loss of love, or misunderstanding. You remind me again and again that it is OKAY to weep at the sorrows of life AND STILL laugh wholeheartedly at the joys.

Mama Sample, you love all of my friends unconditionally and have shown me what it looks like to be a safe place. You have taught me that it is OKAY to acknowledge I'm not perfect and OKAY to pursue growth anyway.  You have helped me understand (and I'm still learning) that it is OKAY to FEEL emotions, and it is possible to embrace them without affecting how I treat people. You have shown me what it means to live in a world of discord, despair, loneliness, grudges, and lies and still believe in the God of relationships, hope, community, forgiveness, and truth.

I can say, with absolute honesty, I would not be the person I am right now without your gentle guidance and your constant support.

If I become a woman like you, I shall count it a success.

TODAY IS YOUR BIRTHDAY SO LET'S CELEBRATE!

This is just a tiny compellation of what you mean to soo many people. You are a world changer, a warrioress, a mother, wife, and friend. You are Nanette, and you are amazing! (Psst. Don't ever forget that.)


~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~


From Auntie Kris:


My dear Nanette, 

Ever since the first moments of our friendship - back when you didn't realize I really truly have no filters and you asked me questions you quickly regretted - I have felt a special connection with you. You stole my heart forever when you loved my baby boy, and then my next baby boy, and you keep on loving me through my crazy! I was thrilled when you joined our family! You are so fierce and brave and I admire how you face your giants - the ones that block the sun and stand squarely in your path and the sneaky ones that lurk in the shadows - either way, you go at them headlong and they fall likey they can't even tell you're scared. You and David have created and nurtured children who are going to change the world, and it makes my eyes fill with how much I love them, too! Watching you open your hands and launch them into their dreams inspires me and makes me proud! In fact, I go back and forth between feeling like a proud big sister, smiling and patting you on the head to wanting to sit at your feet with my head in your lap and listen as you tell me how to do it! I love how you use words and how you envision something and make it real. I love how you believe in your students until they believe, too. You are so talented and creative and everything you touch is left better! The times we have shared are some of my treasured memories, and I look forward to many more - you are a rare and beautiful gift, and I wish I could be with you more often! Happy, happy birthday, Nan! I love you so much!

From Yvanna: 

Dear Mama Sample, 

My wish for your birthday is mostly a selfish one, I'm afraid. I wish I could be with you, Brooke, and the rest of the family sitting in your living room laughing, talking, playing games. Your living room is much like your heart: open, cozy, and safe. I've rarely met souls like yours and I feel blessed to be one of the people who can say "I've met a soul, a true soul, that is beautiful, deeply moving, and could move you to tears." Thank you for existing. <3 ~ Yvanna

From Auntie Heidi: 

Nanette, you are such a warm, beautiful soul & I have been blessed by your friendship. I've savored your sharing & encouragement as a boy mama. I LOVED singing with you & Brooke. It has been a blast dancing with you! I have been comforted by your hugs & loved our cozy moments shared at Colters. Yuu have been a dear friend &/ I celebrate you today!!!!!

From Nicole: 

Mrs. Sample, you have truly been a kind, welcoming, and hilarious figure in my life for many years. From our very first meeting as Austrian delegates for Model UN to making Christmas cookies (and a HUGE mess in the process) in your kitchen, you have always put up with Brooke and my shenanigans and made me feel like a part of your family. Know that you hold a special spot in my heart. You're doing amazing and admirable work with the Reading Cottage for so many children, and I know you will continue to have a special impact on each of their lives, as you have on mine. Have the most happiest of birthdays!!!

From Esther: 

Happy birthday to you Mrs. Sample! I am very blessed to know you and to have gotten to know you during Thanksgiving break last year.  Your kindness and love is a beautiful and amazing thing. May you continue to shine for God. Much love <3 :)

From Grandma and Grandpa Sample: 

Dear Special Daughter-in-law Nanette, 

You are a dear and special, precious daughter-in-law, Nanette. Dad and I love you very much. Wish we could be there for your birthday to give you hugs, but are sending them your way just the same. Wish we were closer so we could do things for you to help lift you load of responsibilities, many which we couldn't begin to do anyway, but I am sure there could be some. We do pray for you and your family every day that you may have strength and energy every day to carry your load and feel Jesus close to you each step of the way. You are a blessing to your family and all that know you. 

Many hugs and much love from Dad and Mom Sample. 

From Emily:

You have been like a second mother to me. You have been such a light and a role model. Your marriage is inspiring how in ove you two are! I have so many memories of feeling at home in your house. You are such a strong woman in your faith and as a mother. I just love you so much, and I'm so blessed to have such an amazing woman be such a big part of my growing up. Happy birthday. Here's to many more! <3 - Emily Bois

From Mrs. Bois: 

Nanette, 

I am so blessed to have you as my friend. You are a woman of grace and beauty. Your tender kindness and generosity has blessed so many people. Knowing you has brought me such joy. Our family has so many great memories of you and all you have done for us. I pray your birthday is blessed beyond measure with countless joys and tons of fun!! 
Blessings and prayers for you, 

Happy Birthday! Sandra

From Auntie Nancy: 

Dearest Nan, 

Today is the day that we celebrate you and the gift that you are to all who know. 

You've smiled (and cried) through life's ups and downs, ever trusting that God was good through all of it. You've inspired me with your grit and determination these past 16 years, and I'm a better person for knowing you. There is no hurdle you can't get over This I know.

As you embark n another trip around the sun may you grow in wisdom and grace have opportunity to self care and maybe even play in the dirt some. 

Thank you for being my friend! 

Love you! 

From the Hohnberger Family: 

Dear Nanette, 

Wishing you a very happy birthday! If I were to pick on thing that stands out to me the most about you, it would be your heart to help others. You genuinely care for people and your desire to help them shines through. You have blessed us as well as many others through your music, teaching, and friendship. You are a very talented and skillful teacher with such a heart for your students. My kids have been blessed by your teaching at Heritage and Vanessa in your reading lessons. 
Wishing you God's blessings today and in the coming year! Happy, happy Birthday!

Love Angela & Family

From Mrs. Fisher:

The Sample family was on of the first we met when we returned to Montana 12 years ago. We were immediately struck by their gentleness and quiet ways. But it wasn't until several years later that my friendship with Nanette truly began as we shared our hearts for schooling our children at home. 

If Nanette were from the South, she would be called a "steal magnolia." Outwardly, her appearance and manner is beautiful, soft, and delicate, but inside there is unbelievable strength, determination, and courage. My admiration for Nanette as a wife, mother, and educator continually grows. I am beyond blessed to call her my friend. 

Beloved Nanette, may your birthday be filled with all the joy and delight your amazing heart can hold. Happy birthday!

With much love, 

From Granny:

Happy, happy birthday to my beautiful first born!

How you have blessed our lives! It is amazing to me that, in spite of your unbelievable work load, you find time to show much you care.... by quick phone calls to tell me about your day as you travel home from work late in the evening.... by the delightful way you bless your children and keep their lives as enjoyable as possible. God has blessed you with a rich talent in your singing and reading therapy/teaching, as well as hospitality, cooking and love for beauty.

Always remember how much of a miracle you truly were and are! Remember that two doctors told us you would not be born alive, due to complications in my pregnancy. We praise God for you!!!!

With love, 
Mom


~ ~ ~

From all of us and many more HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thank you for being alive! 

~TBS~

No comments:

Post a Comment