:)

:)

Thursday, May 3, 2018

In No Particular Order

The thoughts in my head have been whirling around like fruit in a blender lately. I keep starting blog posts and then giving up after the point changes approximately 3 times from the beginning to the end. But, I really have some things I want to say, soooo list format it is. Ready? Set. Go!

Things College Has Taught Me

1. They say you know who your true friends are when they stick with you in hardships as well as sunshine. But, I think that's a weak truth. You know who your true friends are when they stick by your through the day to day, nothing super great, nothing super dramatic just life; eating, walking, normaling (that is definitely a word).

2. The grey day box was probably my number one most brilliant idea. (By the way, to everyone who wrote me notes to open on grey days in college...THANK YOU! They've brightened many a gloomy day.)

3. Some things change back home. It's true. Some things don't. Take hope.

4. Life doesn't stop. It just doesn't. Embrace that and learn to use it as an advantage instead of an annoyance.

5. Friends who literally run to give you a hug even though you saw each other a few hours before...keep them.

6. Healthy confrontation is HARD, but let me tell ya, a friend who can quietly confront you without causing mountains of drama is rare and precious. DO NOT TAKE THAT FOR GRANTED. Just don't.

7. So apparently I like making lists. Now you know.

8. How many different grammatical program thingies does a society need and whhhhhhhy can't all departmental majors just use the same one...APA, MLA, Chicago...just get together and AGREE for once. Okay, end rant...until next time.

9. Chances are, there are a lot more people out there feeling like they're the only ones, too. Just embrace yourself.

10. There will never be a time when getting packages in the mail is not the highlight of my day.

11. In the words of my mentor, "Remember, sometime it helps to have a good cry and feel sorry for yourself for 15 minutes and then move on!"

12. New pajamas are one of life's greatest joys.

13. Mama's who make it a point to answer your phone call at just about any time of the day are keepers. <3

14. College is one thousand times easier if you learn to be at least a semi-morning person. Stilllll workin' on that.

15. Try not to be an annoying person, yes. But, also, work at not being an annoyed person. Life sucks way less that way, for everybody.

16. Just be happy. Don't care if other people think you shouldn't be. If you are, be that.

17. In baseball, if you keep your eye on the ball, the chances of it hitting you are a lot slimmer. That's a metaphor for life.

18. In the words of Tobi, "I've learned a lot more about life in college than I've learned about calculus. And I've learned a lot about calculus."

19. In the words of Shania, "I've learned how to be around friends ALL THE TIME!" That's a big one, let me tell ya.

20. I love it when people greet me by name, and I want to learn to do that more.

21. As my softball coach says, "Patience grasshopper!" Haha.

22. Maybe I have TOO many friends who accept people just the way they are. For example, whenever I say, "I really want ice cream, but I shouldn't," the whole darn lot of them say, "Do it! Ice cream is always a good idea." But, then again, that's pretty solid logic.

Well, 11 pm is saying, "In all of that, have you REALLY not learned to go to bed earlier!?" Sigh! I should probably take heed. Goodbye for now my reader friends.


What's in your pocket? ~ Tiarra Brooke 

1 comment: