:)

:)

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

A Poem (ish)

I think the reason I don't like winter is because it represents my realest fears.

I'm afraid my heart will grow cold. I'm afraid I'll succumb to the darkness around me and let the snow fall around the blooms I've worked to grow.

I'm afraid I'll put a thick layer of clouds between me and the sun. Hope is there, but will I forget to search for the sun above the clouds? Or worse yet, not forget but cease to care, wrapping myself in the cloudy blanket of apathy?

I'm afraid I'll stop stepping outside the door of my comforts into the outside world of vulnerability. Because, every moment, I'm afraid that the outside warmth of connection has turned to a blizzard of resentment.

This, I think, is why I don't like winter. It's too real, too close. It's a live performance...a Broadway show of fears.

~TBS~

No comments:

Post a Comment