:)

:)

Thursday, November 22, 2018

The Thoughts in My Pocket TODAY

My family calls me the Christmas Scrooge, a title I don't exactly appreciate.

I don't think anyone could love Christmas more than I do. As soon as the day after Thanksgiving hits its OVER THE TOP CHRISTMAS EVERYWHERE. It's my top favorite holiday, however I am a stickler for NOT listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving... so I guess I'm doomed to being called the Christmas Scrooge. Sigh. :D

This is the thing... I feel like Thanksgiving has begun to be forgotten.

It's about food instead of remembrance, about getting ready for Black Friday instead of resting in community, and about just another holiday instead of being intentional.

I'll keep this short so that I can return to being present and playing games with my friends and family, but here are 5 things I am especially thankful for this Thanksgiving.

1. Today is a doubly special day because it's my mama's birthday. I feel beyond blessed to have been nurtured with her love, her strength, her wisdom, and her beautiful view of life. She is soft yet strong. Deep yet funny. Intentional but spazzy. She is kind of the best, and I am grateful for her.

2. I've had the best of both my worlds this Thanksgiving. Four of my dear friends came home with me for the holiday. It has made my heart feel blessed beyond measure to see my friends bond with my dad, mom, brother, and uncle over games, stories, and food. The laughter and the conversations make me smile. What a blessing. What a great, big, over-flowing blessing.

3. We have a tiny house and it's been just a wee tad cramped this week, but it has still been one of the most wonderful Thanksgivings to date. My heart felt full when we gathered around the table. It is cold and snowy outside, but we are warm in body and soul. We are fed. We are happy. We are together.

4. I'm thankful for the Nunu Girl. We had a close call with our puppy a few weeks ago. She caught a bad dose of Kennel Cough from her vaccine and the poor girl was miserable. At one point the vet was afraid she had a collapsed trachea, apparently Yorkies are particularly prone to that. After many tears, fears, and prayers, however, Nika pulled through. She has been soaking up every snuggle she can get from my friends.

5. I don't think any of us are "looking forward" to going back to school, but I feel grateful that so many of my other friends are there. While many of the people closest to me are right here now, I still get to look forward to seeing the ones that aren't. And that makes me happy.

Well, folks, I'm gonna skedaddle so that I don't miss any more of the festivities.

It is officially only 6 hours and 41 minutes until we can play Christmas music! But it's zero minutes until we can be thankful for the rest of our lives.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY DEAR READERS!

~TBS~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment