:)

:)

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

This Summer Has Been CRAZY

I'm not entirely sure how to put this summer into words. It's been insane. I think I lost my brain. Problem being, the wrong half of my brain. The part that keeps track, thinks straight, and makes sense of things ran off with a suitcase and took the kitchen sink with it.  The half that thinks too hard and long about EVERY OTHER THING has put every last moving box into storage and the U-Haul trailer went back to the company. SERIOUSLY.

Part of me has really enjoyed this summer. I've appreciated many of the "firsts" that it has brought. I've made some sweet, good, soul nurturing memories. I've spent HOURS soaking up as much of Glacier as I can possibly stuff into my soul before I leave to live 8 hours away from the home I've always known. I've been reminded again and again how wonderful the people in my life are from my co-workers, my friends, to my mentors, and of course my family. I've been there to witness two of my dear friends get married (two separate weddings), not including the wedding of one of my coolest cousins. I've managed to squeeze three mini road trips in......well one wasn't so mini, but we warped it into an all-nighter so it was short.

I've made several new friends that I'm looking forward to meeting face to face once I move into college. I've reconnected with some old friends that I've missed greatly. And, I have been comforted by strengthened friendships with some of my closest and dearest.

Part of me wants this summer to last for a long time.

But, I also want this summer to end.

It's been a hard one. I'm wiped out. It's been none stop go, go, go. My anxiety has really started to party. I don't handle change well and there has been A LOT of change. I am sooooo excited about college, but I'm also terrified as all get out. Which, I hear is normal, but it doesn't make it any easier. Frankly, at this point I'm just praying that the anticipation will be the worst part.

My room looks like a tornado landed in it, and frankly, it's looked like that for longer than I'll admit. The fact that my mother hasn't' evacuated me on that premise is a miracle. Just kidding. She wouldn't do that, but still.... it's bad.

I've slept outside a lot this summer. Something about the fresh night air is so inviting, and sleeping outside has always been comforting to me. Something in me is stilled when I look into the blackness. I wish I could be out there, in the stillness of that sparkly forever. The fixed diamonds and the slowly strolling satellites. (Ha! Alliteration.) My life has been the opposite of that space lately, and people tell me this is what I have to get used to. I wish it wasn't so hard to learn to be intentional about living restfully.

The SAVING GRACE from this summer has been my people.

I've been reminded that God has placed some amazing folks in my life, and they/you are what makes life rich. Seriously, y'all are so amazing.

Let me just tell ya, I am way, way, way thankful for my mentors. Find yourself some adults in your life that are willing to listen to your cries and laugh in your joy. They are God's grace on earth. As well as those people in your life, like awesome possum co-workers, who randomly walk up and give you a big hug so that they can look into your eyes and say, "I appreciate you SO much. Don't forget that you are VALUED."

Also, puppy snuggles are another saving grace.

(Wow, I've really used the all-caps a lot, today. I guess big feelings require big letters.)

Anyways, I should probably get back to the living room floor that is currently covered in some of my past writing pieces, waiting to be sent in as I look for a job in college. Wish me luck as I attempt to relocate my head.








1 comment:

  1. So glad you post when you add something here so it is not missed.Always fun to see a tiny bit of what is happening in you life and thinking. Love you.

    ReplyDelete