:)

:)

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Cup Runneth Over


     I sit in front of the fireplace methodically rocking in the old rocking chair; the same old rocking chair that was used to rock me to sleep many times as a baby.  The fire crackles a merry crackling song, and the flames dance joyously to the tune.  The main door of the stove has been replaced with the door that allows you to see this happy sight.  The wood is piled high on the hearth that was lovingly laid with rock by Papa when the Reading Cottage was first built. 

     All about me are books.  So many books that the practice of having them neatly piled upon the bookshelves in a straight line was done away with long ago; not intentionally but quite unavoidably.  There are big books, little books, thick books, thin books, red books, blue books, science books, story books, all manner of books. 

     I sit rocking; sipping on chai and nibbling on a blueberry scone.  The sun is pouring its wealth of gold through the window and right down upon the book David Copperfield lying open across my lap.  Through the window I see a rich supply of azure and sunlit green.  It’s a beautiful March day, but the warmth of the fire and bounty of the sunlit sky are deceitful, for outside the air is nippy and blustery. It has been an uncommonly luminous winter thus far.  February was like none other of its kind, and so far the small amount of March days have proved to be the same. 


     I close my eyes.  I feel the heat from the fire flit cross my face in waves.  A smile tugs gently at my cheeks.  My heart fills with happy contentment.  Oh, that I will always remember this moment.  This moment in time where all that crosses my thoughts is the abundant amount of things I have to be grateful for:

 The message of Jesus to a lost and dying world.

 My wonderful family, who loves me through all of my faults.

  My amazing friends, who add sparkles of joy to my everyday life.

 The privilege of having a fire to read and reflect by.

 Books.

 This beautiful land of Montana. 

 A warm home to keep me out of the crispy weather.

 Grace

 The sunshine!

 The dog, who unconsciously sticks her tongue out when she sleeps.

 The art and craft of words.

    
     I have so much, yet I deserve absolutely none of it.  My cup truly runneth over!

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Praising God that you are so blessed. Love you precious dear granddaughter and just because you are you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you, Grandma! I love you, too. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete