:)

:)

Thursday, November 8, 2018

(What should I title this?) Tobi: Death by Butter

It's been a rough week.

I find it odd that this has been the lightest, most manageable quarter of college thus far, but THIS has been the quarter that my anxiety has struck with ferocious force...like over nothing.

Brain: Hey, so I've decided I'm going to take a break from helping you function as a normal person.
Me: Oh, really? Why?
Brain: Oh you know … … … I'll have to get back to you on that?
Me: Dude! Why? At least give me a good excuse.
Brain: Mmmm. Nah!

It doesn't help that over the last year and a half, I have begun to develop my mom's familial tremor...aka "genetic hand freak attack" You know it's bad when you walk into the caf, your friends ask if your cold (because you're shivering), and you say, "No. My brain has just convinced my nervous system that something's out to get me." Good grief.

So yeah! It's been a rough week.

BUT, I have felt very rich this week. I have like $17.32 to my name, but I have a fortune of really swell people who reach their arms around me and do this life thing with me.

The response that my post about depression received, warmed my heart to no end. I felt especially blessed by those of you who haven't necessarily had to deal with depression personally, but still felt moved enough to read, respond, and be present for those of us who struggle.

I'm thankful that while some of my days feel never ending, I live in a time and a community where people are willing to open their hearts and minds to understand mental health. I live in a time of growth for healthy minds more, perhaps, than ever before, and I cannot say how happy I am that so many of you are willing to help me nurture that.

Know this, your response has encouraged my heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment