:)

:)

Monday, January 6, 2014

The Little Things Count

Do you ever get that feeling that you have so much to tell, but nothing to write about?
You know kind of when there is so much going on in your life, little snippets here and there, but nothing really terribly interesting.  Things that might come up in a conversation, but would someone really take the time out of their day to READ about it?

   Sometimes I think we get so caught up in thinking about what's big and exciting (or the lack thereof) going on in our life, that we forget to remember that the little things really do count.  Even if it is just how lovely the sunset is or how the smile on someone's face brightens our day so.  We forget just how special it makes us feel when someone takes the time out of their day to simply open the door for us, or pick something up that we drop.  Or sometimes it doesn't even have to have anything to do with a person.  Sometimes it can be that moment when the lyrics to a song you have never heard before or even your all time favorite song suddenly hit you with such powerful force that all you can do sit down and soak them up; the stunning alpine glow on the mountain or the sun's reflection sparkling on a flowing stream.  The slight breeze that ruffles your hair, or yes, even that strong gust of wind that nearly knocks you over.  Truth is all of these things count!  They might not mean the same thing with such intensity to someone else as it did to you, but chances are it will mean something. 

  So write. Write about anything.  Write about everything.  It is not so much what you write about, but how you write it.  Oh, and in case you were wondering I wrote this just as much for myself as for whoever will read this.  Actually, let me rephrase that.  I wrote it for myself, and if it means something to you, too, well then AWESOME!
                   ~ Brooke

4 comments:

  1. I like it!!! I really know what you mean about writing about nothing and yet something happened. LOL! Maybe I'm just lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Sweetheart! I like the way you think. You bless me every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all! I really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete